Apr 10, 2010

A letter to my Saudi Flutura(I hope you know who you are)

My dearest Flutura, this will be your alias, its butterfly in Albanian, and I really like calling you that, since you were able to fly and flutter away and spread your covered colored wings!
I have to first congratulate you on your upcoming event , the one that we have been waiting for, for soo long , the plan is finally coming through, and you have no idea how happy I am for you , and secretly hoping for the same for the rest of the clan .
Although it pains me that we won’t be there as planned to walk u through, and to pinch your knee like it is custom in some places in the world, well have to do with what’s available...just create a new custom, you’ll have to print out pics of us the trio and place them on the inside of your Vail , that’s if your 'e going to wear one if not then please accept printing out this page and then soak the page in water , sprinkle some of that water on your bouquet! And we will be there with u, Varoom and I.Now I know that you have a billion things to worry about , and to figure out , all the last minute details , so always ask yourself , what would the girls say , and you’ll be fine ,YOULL BE FINE WOMAN!!

You have the strength for all of us , its ur middle name .and I’m soooooooooooo proud of you , for picking up  and going, for standing up for yourself and for the things you deserve in life , its u who started this trait we all now have , soon we all will be named as butterflies , but not quite yet .
When you feel that the world isn’t being nice , just remember us and how nice we can be to you , remember me , and how life wasn’t nice to me too and remember that that’s life , remember that you fought for your freedom and waited and finally got it , remember that there are more than us in the world and remember that we remember you at times of weariness , you’re never alone ,we as well are not alone , close your eyes and place your hand on your arm and pat yourself , it will be ok .And when you’re afraid and exited and have no one around to help curp it , close your eyes again and visualize us dancing like we did, we were able to momentarily dance the darkness away, the fairies that we are, fire flies lighting up our own destinies , the dancing butterflies, always have and always will be .





                                                                        I love you !

No comments:

Post a Comment