Mar 27, 2010

Money money money...euf

So, now that I have past the 30 and +,and have realized that mornings are more defined and endings are inevitable.




Standing here looking back at the past, life, family and friends, things I have done, I can say.... I’ve pretty much been there and have done that , and it’s not a so bad feeling BC, I am Queen of the world baby!
 and thus I can sacrifice a couple or three more years of my life living here , in Saudi Arabia . I can afford to stay put ,and for once ,place my brains where they are supposed to be (in my head not in my handbag), note that I’m saying this and am completely aware of what I’m saying and neither drunk nor high , no one has a knife to my throat and I don’t think I have finally lost my marbles , I think it’s time to man up , I mean Wo-man up!



Let’s take my financial state , I have never saved a penny in my life, never even intended too (i simply didnt care , even though with things going the way they were at home i should have ) and now with all these plans in my head of a more grownup life style , I have to save money ( and I’m telling you right now with the holes in both my hands , it’s almost impossible ) but I got to do it . Especially when starting a business, I got to break even at the end of the year or else I’m in deep shit. and now that I know nothing of what a financial plan might be am looking at all these ways in order to understand how it could possibly take place, and did I mention I do not what so ever comprehend numbers, I simply don’t understand them i can add , subtract and that’s about it. (Blame it on private schools and dyslexia)



knowing that my hands have holes I made sure that this year hands need to be mended by hook or crook, assured that I need a new plan in saving especially that my whole life will change , it’s all downhill from here , or should I say uphill.



                                                   Uphill, downhill, it’s all hill to me.



Since ill stick to something for the first time in my life, that will require quitting allot of things, listed below are some of the things I need to remove from my life once and for all, the question will remain if i actually will:

1. Cigarettes: estimates show that" Cigarettes are the only substance sold that , when the user follows the instructions carefully, will result in the consumer becoming toxic , ill or dead" and they forgot to add BROKE.

2. Excessive traveling: now this one is a little tricky and something that I can’t do without(noting i travel cheapand putting in concideration , i live in Saudi Arabia), I wish I could invest in a private plane but that also needs money lots of it , and if I worked for most of my life i  will never make the amount needed and if I ever do its safer to invest in a bike, I’m sure technology will come up with some kind of peice of metal I can never obtain, and planes will turn obsolete. Seriously I need to cut down on my trips, sigh.

3. Shopping: will not be a problem since I don’t really shop anyways.....

4. Driver: now this is an issue, as most of you know women in Saudi Arabia don’t drive and due to the inflation and the sudden drop in market shares and the drying of oil underneath my feet, citizens are doomed, especially my family, we don’t have a car, and use "drivers bilmishwar" i.e. drivers that have cars and charge per ride or per month and oh my GOD do they charge. they charge an arm and a leg and a heart if they can,they'll reach out and grab it right out of your chest, and i swear to you it’s so frustrating knowing that i have a driving license and can lease my own car, but noooo, if I buy a car I need to get a driver to drive it, and that is another budget on its own.

I think ill invest in a donkey and start galloping away to and fro, and talking about investing my money , i should buy more than one donkey and rent them all out .



Knowing that no matter how much I make or how much I spend I still will manage to stay broke , I mean with no savings , and I would love to save so i can  be able to relocate to my dream spot , (the spot i dream of at the moment ) but I know that it can be done , the question is, will I be able to make it ? save , relocate , and be happy ? And then another question pops up, if I do all the above, would I be happy? or will look for something else to find happiness?



And there you have it folks , at the age of 31 , I literally am asking fundamental questions that should have been asked a little while back , or maybe not ,  and could by chance change the course of my life .

 The good thing is that they are finally being asked.



End page!!

2 comments:

  1. my favorite so far .. made me laugh and cry .. and think

    ReplyDelete
  2. :X
    trust me it made me laugh, cry and think too

    ReplyDelete